Oversees teaching awards, assists in the editing/reviewing of special sections in Business and Professional Communication Quarterly, and sponsors workshops at ABC conferences.
- Continue to present “My Favorite Assignment” sessions at annual conferences.
- Continue to consider roundtables and other platforms for the “My Favorite Assignment” sessions.
- Use the ABC website to seek nominations for teaching awards and to disseminate information to ABC members.
- Solicit nominees, assess nominees, and publicize the winner of the Meada Gibbs Teacher-Scholar Award.
- Solicit nominees, assess nominees, and publicize the winner of the Pearson Award for Innovative Teaching with Technology.
- Update the teaching and resource materials at members-only section of website; organize for ongoing ease of use.
- Solicit additional materials as needed and/or offer ways for teachers to submit new materials.
- Consider doing a call for syllabi, assignments, and rubrics.
- Seek and analyze input from members regarding the importance of teaching resources on the web.
- Determine the ongoing viability of the mentor-mentee program.
- Either work with the Technology Coordinator to update the program information online, including application with new contact name, or eliminate this program/material.
- Recommend new charges for the following year.
- Post September 1 annual report on your community forum site and email copy to First VIce President.
The Community Page for this committee is for members and links to the committee's forum and file library.
Committee Members 2019
|Name||End of 3-Year Term (Renewable)|
|Susanna S. Clason, Chair||12/31/2021|
|D. Joel Whalen||12/31/2021|