Promotes research and scholarship in business communication. Aims to enhance and promote research, within the discipline and beyond, by providing a center for networking and collaboration. The Committee advises the Board on the Outstanding Researcher and Outstanding Dissertation Awards.
- Recommend the Outstanding Research Award recipient.
- Recommend the Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation in Business Communication Award recipient.
- Submit a competitive panel, poster, or workshop to the annual conference.
- Serve as an important resource for the Association on research issues.
- Invite former winners of the Outstanding Researcher Award (ORA) and Outstanding Dissertation Award (ODA) to the committee to ensure a robust pool.
- Invite former editors or associate editors for the IJBC as committee members.
- Work with the Technology Coordinator to determine how best to feature research resources on the website (and in this way encourage the citation of business communication scholarship in members’ research).
- Work with the Graduate Studies Committee and Academic Environment Ad Hoc Committee to assess the status of business communication as an academic discipline and foster the perception of business communication as a discipline with a strong research base.
- Recommend new charges for the following year.
- Request committee members additions/drops by first logging into ABC and then completing the quick Committee Update Request form at: http://tinyurl.com/CommitteeUpdateRequest.
- Post September 1 annual report on your community forum site and email copy to First VIce President.
The Community Page for this committee is for members and links to the committee's forum and file library.
Committee Members 2021
|Name||End of 3-Year Term (Renewable)
|Kim Sydow Campbell||12/31/2023|
|Suwichit (Sean) Chaidaroon||12/31/2022|
|Sky Marsen, Chair||12/31/2021|
|Clive Muir, Vice-chair||12/31/2021|
|Jacob D. Rawlins||12/31/2023|
|Yao "Lorraine" Yao||12/31/2022|
Daphne Jameson, Cornell University