- Recommend editors of Association publications to the Board (Bylaw 3.5.1).
- Evaluate the regular and special publications of the Association (Bylaw 3.5.1).
- Evaluate the editors of the publications (Bylaw 3.5.1).
- Evaluate the statements of editorial policy and procedures provided by the editors (Bylaw 3.5.1).
- Propose and select timely special publications (Bylaw 3.5.2).
- Coordinate production of special publications with the Executive Director (Bylaw 3.5.2).
- Coordinate with the editors special issues of the International Journal of Business Communication and Business and Professional Communication Quarterly (see items 08-001 and 08-002 of the Operational Guidelines). The guidelines for special issues may be found on the ABC website.
- Advertise for editor nominations, when needed, and assist in the effective transition when new editors are selected.
- Evaluate publications to determine the recipients of awards for publications specified in the Operational Guidelines (Bylaw 3.5.3).
- Review financial support for editors prior to appointment and throughout their terms of office and propose changes for approval by the Board whenever the support is inadequate or inappropriate.
- Request committee members additions/drops by first logging into ABC and then completing the quick Committee Update Request form at: http://tinyurl.com/CommitteeUpdateRequest.
- Post September 1 annual report on your community forum site and email copy to First VIce President.
The Community Page for this committee is for members and links to the committee's forum and file library.
Committee Members 2021
|James M. Dubinsky, Ex officio|
|Lucia S. Sigmar||12/31/2021|
|Jason Snyder, Chair||12/31/2021|
|Leigh Anne Whittle||12/31/2021|
The Publications Board is comprised of nine ABC Board of Directors approved members, along with the Proceedings Editorial Review Board chair and the ABC Executive Director.
Recent Prior Chairs
Deborah Andrews, University of Delaware
Deborah Roebuck, Kennesaw State University