85th Annual International Conference
October 28 to 31, 2020
San Diego, California, USA
- Lodging & Venue
- Call for Papers
- Silent Auction
- Expected Schedule
- Travel & Transit Tips
- Conference Forum
- Conference Contacts
Enjoy this promotional video from San Diego. Explore this Point Loma video "Where Inspiration Sets Sail." National Geographic promotes San Diego in this video World's Smart Cities. videos courtesy of San Diego Tourism Authority
Photograph of Balboa Park fountain courtesy of San Diego Tourism Authority
If you are using a screen reader and need additional assistance, please contact email@example.com.
Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina, 1380 Harbor Island Drive, San Diego, California 92101
Rates: Single/Double $189 (plus 13.3% tax; subject to change). Includes guest room internet.
At check-in the optional $26 resort charge (plus tax) covers:
- Local & domestic phone calls from the guestroom (rates vary)
- 1-hour of bicycle or non-motorized water sports rentals, including kayaks, paddle boards and pedal boats offered through SD Adventures. See standard rates at https://www.sdadventures.com/
- 1-hour tennis court rental with equipment for 2
- Daily yoga class
- Daily food & beverage credit of $10
- Internet access ($12.95 per day). (ABC room block lodging includes internet in lodging room.)
Check back in mid-December.
Theme: Strengthening B-comm in an era where perception is reality.
Submissions open January 6
Proposals for blind peer review due by March 2
Workshop proposals due by March 2
Roundtable proposals due by March 2
Final proposals due by April 20
Check back for the full Call for Papers and submission instructions.
We especially invite business communication proposals that address topics including:
- Adaptation: keeping up with communication trends for greater student preparedness
- Digital/Cloud: understanding conversational platforms, immersive experiences, and privacy and ethics issues
- Strategy: putting purpose first to improve effectiveness and overcome “noise” or “over-communication”
- Technologies: probing the influence of Artificial Intelligence (AI), voice recognition, and other innovations
- Tools: harnessing the power of social media, apps, and data/info visualization
- Visuals: transmitting information and ideas using symbols and imagery
Early bird member rate $350
Non-member rate and other details will be announced at later date.
Registration opens by June 2020.