85th Annual International Conference
October 27 to 31, 2020
Earth image by Arek Socha from Pixabay. If you are using a screen reader and need additional assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Presentation and Equipment Tips
- Call for Papers
- Expected Schedule
- Conference Contacts
• Learn about the virtual platform. Visit https://camp.pathable.co/login This is NOT the same site as for your unique link to the conference.
• Click “Create New Account” and enter your information
• Use access code “pathabletraining”
Please review this page for information that will optimize your presentation experience, help you record, and share the best equipment and technology to use. Be sure to cite your sources for videos, images, research, and content.
Uploading steps - click here. You may upload your presentation (2GB maximum video size) to the conference platform (due 21 October, but you can still upload), then "come" to the conference to share your presentation and hold questions and answers during your session. Invitations to the virtual site were sent October 20. If you did not get your invitation or if you can't get into the platform, submit a support ticket here. Upload is not required.
How to Upload for My Favorite Assignment and How Do You Teach Diversity? - CLICK HERE
On conference day, if you experience trouble connecting to Pathable, click here for tips.
Click here to register. Read on about possible discount codes needed BEFORE you register. Want your university to pay? Complete your registration and follow prompts to pay. Once invoice is generated, click to email the invoice to your finance office. For registration assistance, contact: email@example.com
All presenters and participants must pay to register.
Once registered, you will receive an invitation from Association for Business Communicaton via no-reply@Pathable.com. Add this address to your mail contacts.
Get ready now! Visit the virtual platform and find your schedule. Download (or update) Zoom software and install the Chrome browser.
Late rate (after October 15)
- Member: $200 (If new member since June 15, learn more here of 10% conference discount.)
- Nonmember: $275 (Before attempting to register, click to learn of 10% conference discount with paid membership.)
- Retiree: $125
- Student: $125
- Group rate for 20 or more students - Click for details
- Part-time or adjunct member: $125 (Before attempting to register, request discount code here.
Want to upgrade your membership from Guest to Paid Member for full member benefits? Click for steps.
Want to add Workshop (closed) or Donation After Already Registered--or--
Want to pay separately for a Donation? Click for steps.
WORKSHOP REGISTRATION CLOSED
Registered workshop attendees will see their My Schedule on the virtual platform showing name(s) of workshops as requested.
Read of workshops - click here
Presenter Schedule with session description (downloadable pdf). Times reflected are Eastern Time; when planning your agenda in virtual platform, time will convert to your time zone.
Schedule at a Glance - Download to spot committee meetings, regional meetings, and more.
Presenters may share pre-recorded presentations or present live. Both presentation options include live question and answer.
Tuesday, October 27 and Saturday, October 31
New Attendee Welcome, Workshops, Opening Reception and Virtual Welcome
Wednesday, October 28
Opening Plenary - ABC President Presidential Address
Thursday and Friday, October 29 to 30
Saturday, October 31
Sessions conclude by 1:30 pm EST
First Time Attendee Tips
- Arrive early to settle in comfortably; stay for the entire conference.
- Take time to meet new people.
- Attend the First Time Attendee Welcome Address to hear from the ABC President and ABC Executive Director.
- Participate in a workshop to make even more connections.
- Take care of yourself. Consider gentle stretching and meditation. Make good choices; allow time to process your thoughts and take time for a bit of quiet each day. Enjoy fresh air and exercise. Get enough sleep.
- If you need a friend or mentor, visit ABC Connect; you will discover seasoned ABC members who are happy to "show you the ropes."
- Visit ABC Connect.
Theme: Strengthening B-comm in an era where perception is reality
Click for Call for Papers (downloadable pdf)
Click for steps to edit submission.
Final proposals (panel, poster, regular) CLOSED
Workshop proposals CLOSED
Roundtable proposals CLOSED
Click for submission guidelines.
Note: All submissions will be double-blind reviewed with opportunity to share your 500 to 1000 word extended abstract in Conference Proceedings. Learn more about Volunteer Reviewer here.
Want to participate in sponsored sessions?
How Do You Teach Diversity? with Jacqui Lowman (Closed) - Click for details.
My Favorite Assignment with D. Joel Whalen (Closed) - Click for details.
Business Practices Committee panel with Sam DeKay (Closed) - Click for details.
Graduate Studies Panel with Stephen Carradini (Closed) - Click for details.
Consulting, Research, Teaching
Click to view conference tracks.
This year's conference gives the opportunity to share your extended abstract in the Conference Proceedings, citation ISSN 2472-0658. You do not have to write a separate paper, though you may expand your original proposal submission. There is no maximum word limitation. Your permission will be requested on the conference submission form. Learn more here.
Check back near late-October to learn about the October, 2021 conference in San Diego, California. California here we come!