85th Annual International Conference
October 28 to 31, 2020
San Diego, California, USA
- Lodging & Venue
- Call for Papers
- Silent Auction
- Expected Schedule
- Travel & Transit Tips
- Conference Forum
- Conference Contacts
Enjoy this promotional video from San Diego. Explore this Point Loma video "Where Inspiration Sets Sail." National Geographic promotes San Diego in this video World's Smart Cities. videos courtesy of San Diego Tourism Authority
Photograph of Balboa Park fountain courtesy of San Diego Tourism Authority
If you are using a screen reader and need additional assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina, 1380 Harbor Island Drive, San Diego, California 92101
Rates: Single/Double $189 (plus 13.3% tax; subject to change). Includes guest room internet.
At check-in the optional $26 resort charge (plus tax) covers:
- Local & domestic phone calls from the guestroom (rates vary)
- 1-hour of bicycle or non-motorized water sports rentals, including kayaks, paddle boards and pedal boats offered through SD Adventures. See standard rates at https://www.sdadventures.com/
- 1-hour tennis court rental with equipment for 2
- Daily yoga class
- Daily food & beverage credit of $10
- Internet access ($12.95 per day). (ABC room block lodging includes internet in lodging room.)
Theme: Strengthening B-comm in an era where perception is reality.
Click for Call for Papers (downloadable pdf.)
Click for submission guidelines.
Note: All submissions will be double-blind reviewed with opportunity to share your 500 to 1000 word extended abstract in Conference Proceedings. Volunteer here to review proposals (log in required.)
Workshop proposals due by March 2
Roundtable proposals due by March 2
Final proposals due by April 6 (Submitting earlier helps us plan best for you.)
We especially invite business communication proposals that address topics including:
- Adaptation: keeping up with communication trends for greater student preparedness
- Digital/Cloud: understanding conversational platforms, immersive experiences, and privacy and ethics issues
- Strategy: putting purpose first to improve effectiveness and overcome “noise” or “over-communication”
- Technologies: probing the influence of Artificial Intelligence (AI), voice recognition, and other innovations
- Tools: harnessing the power of social media, apps, and data/info visualization
- Visuals: transmitting information and ideas using symbols and imagery
Consulting, Research, Teaching
- Communication Issues in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management
- Consulting and Training
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Employment Issues in Business Communication
- Executive, Managerial, and MBA Communication
- Innovative Instructional Methods
- Intercultural and Global Communication
- Interpersonal and Non-Verbal Communication
- Organizational Communication
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Social Responsibility, Civic Engagement, Sustainability, and Business Ethics
- Technology, Digital Communication, Social Media, and Web 2.0
- Visual Communication
This year's conference gives the opportunity to share your 500 to 1000 word extended abstract in the Conference Proceedings, citation ISSN 2472-0658. Your permission will be requested on the submission form.
Early bird member rate $350
Non-member rate and other details will be announced at later date.
Registration opens by June 2020.
Workshop proposals due by March 2. Visit submission guidelines above.
Wednesday, October 28
Networking and Community Building Reception
Thursday, October 29
Opening Plenary - ABC President and ABC Second Vice President
Friday, October 30
Awards Banquet - The evening will have awards presentations by our Executive Director with time for conversation and socializing.
Saturday, October 31
Sessions conclude by noon
If travelling via plane, you are required to present a REAL ID compliant driver's license or a valid passport (or other approved ID) to board a domestic flight. This federal requirement is effective October 1.
Click here to learn of top area attractions.
Join us for picture-perfect fun. Check back later for details.