2020 ABC Western U.S. Conference
March 1-5, 2020
Baja, Mexico Cruise
© 2019 Carnival Corporation. Carnival® and the Carnival logos are trademarks of Carnival Corporation. All rights reserved. Used under license. Ships’ Registry: The Bahamas, Panama and Malta. (Image of cruise ship.)
Aboard a cruise ship departing from Long Beach, California, absent Internet connections, and surrounded by beauty and open space, this conference offers a rare opportunity to be in the moment and enjoy rich presentations and discussions about business communication topics. A major goal of this conference is to engage in more profound and meaningful conversations than are often not possible in our distracted lives on land!
On this 4-day cruise, we'll depart Long Beach, California on March 1 and wake up off the California Coast at Catalina Island. From there, we'll sail to Ensenada, Mexico where an excursion awaits.
Want to Add a Guest to the Wine Industry Tour in Ensenada?
1. Log in and from your profile page (under My Options-near your name), click Transactions
2. Click your conference registration.
3. Click "My Registration"
4. Click "Add Additional Options" (right side; scroll down some)
5. Follow the prompts to pay.
Cruise registration closed.
Price includes conference registration and cruise with either oceanview cabin or interior cabin and meals. A passport is required to board the cruise ship. Consider purchasing travel insurance; if you miss the boat, there are no refunds!
Price includes all daily activities and entertainment as provided aboard ship for all passengers.
If your guest is under age 21 read more.
Sunday, March 1 Long Beach, CA depart 5:00 pm
Monday, March 2 Catalina Island, CA 7:30am-5:30pm
Tuesday, March 3 Ensenada, Mesico 8:00am-4:30pm
Wednesday, March 4 Day at Sea (presentations)
Thursday, March 5 Return to Long Beach 7:00am arrival
For this cruise departing from Long Beach, California, more details are coming soon, including parking, pre-boarding instructions and boarding time. We encourage you to purchase travel insurance. Nearby airports: Los Angeles, Long Beach, Orange County. In the event of a delay for any reason, the ship won't wait. Nearby hotel tips.
You may purchase Internet during the boarding process. Internet service is limited.
Packing and restrictions. PASSPORT REQUIRED TO BOARD.
All business communication topics are welcome.
- Research. These presentations involve completed research projects with empirical data about communication in the workplace. In rare cases, these may be theoretical presentations. Research presentations will be 15 minutes in length with 10 minutes for discussion.
- Scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL). These presentations involve completed research projects with empirical data from communication classes and training. SoTL presentations will be 15 minutes in length with 10 minutes for discussion.
- Research development colloquia. These sessions are devoted to developing early-stage research projects and /or for early-career folks who may be completing their dissertations or starting a new research project. Researchers who have developed research designs and, in some cases, who have collected preliminary data will present their projects in roughly 5 to 10 minutes. Then, colleagues will spend 15 to 20 minutes discussing how to move the projects forward.
- Innovative teaching. These sessions involve 5-minute presentations about innovative teaching of business communication topics.