The Marketing and Membership Committee:
1. Maintains ongoing forum discussions with committee members about topics related to marketing and membership.
2. Evaluates the present and future marketing position of ABC in relation to competing professional societies.
3. Reviews existing marketing strategies and materials of the organization, including those implemented by other standing committees, proposes new/revised strategies and develops new, current, relevant materials.
4. Identifies and implements strategies for attracting new members, retaining existing members and renewing lapsed members.
5. Develops new member welcome letter/package that RVPs send to new members in their region.
6. Develops letters that RVPs and committee chairs send to lapsed members to encourage renewal, i.e., advantages of membership.
7. Works with the Communication and Technology Coordinator to promote ABC and build a strong online community among members using ABC’s social media outlets.
8. Works with Sage to promote our journals and with publishers to increase membership benefits and membership engagement.
9. Encourages Sage journal officers to join ABC.
9. Promotes the importance of business communication in the business curriculum to administrators, deans, Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), and other relevant groups.
10. Maintains active interaction and good relations with AACSB to achieve visibility for ABC as an authoritative source about business communication.
11. Requests committee members additions/drops by first logging into ABC and then completing the Committee Update Request form at: http://tinyurl.com/CommitteeUpdateRequest.
Committee Chair 2023
|Name||End of 3-Year Term
|Geoffrey (Geoff) Clegg||12/31/2019|
|Kathryn (Katie) Meier||12/31/2019|
Members of the Marketing and Membership Committee can access the committee’s forum and file library on their Community Page.
ABC Affiliate Subcommittee
ABC partners with similar organizations to further the understanding, scholarship, and teaching of business communication worldwide. Created as an ad hoc committee during 2019, in 2022 it became a subcommittee of Marketing and Membership to further develop ABC's affiliate relations.
The ABC Affiliate Subcommittee:
1. Organizes and collaborates with existing affiliates.
2. Determines best practices for using Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) effectively (e.g., sharing news, activities, and events), for benefit of both entities.
3. Explores potential associations with missions and interests similar to ABC, including encouragement of more internationalization collaboration.
4. Proposes other affiliate organizations/strategic alliances nationally and internationally for Board approval.
6. Recommends new charges for the following year.
6. Requests committee members additions/drops by first logging into ABC and then completing the quick Committee Update Request form at: http://tinyurl.com/CommitteeUpdateRequest.
ABC Affiliate Subcommittee Chair
Virginia Hemby 2022
||End of 3-Year Term
Members of the Marketing and Membership ABC Affiliate Sub-committee can access the sub-committee’s Discussion forum and file library on their Community Page.