Call for Proposals
ABC Western U.S. Regional Conference
March 6 to 8, 2024
The Old Pueblo awaits. Join us in beautiful Tucson, Arizona for the March 6-8, 2024 Western Region Conference. Connect with colleagues and friends as you learn from interactive discussions and presentations hosted at the University of Arizona’s Eller College of Management. The tracks for this year’s conference focus on elements of authenticity in business communication.
Tracks were designed to highlight elements of authenticity in the business communication discipline. This includes but is not limited to exploring themes of ranging from professional identity and persona to delivering workplace realism through experiential learning and industry insights. We look forward to learning with and from one another as we gather in the Sonoran Desert.
Authenticity in Action
- How are we preparing students to thrive as their authentic selves in the workplace?
- Critical thinking is often lost in the era of social media and AI. How do we encourage students to engage authentically with audiences?
- How are we teaching students to communicate big data and complex insights while maintaining relevance and storyline? Share your approaches to data-driven storytelling.
Innovative Instructional Methods
- Have you discovered or created new tools or approaches to teaching business communication? Tell us about or show us your latest instructional techniques.
Research/Research in Progress
- What has your research revealed? Share your recent findings or current research progress on the topics that excite you.
Voices from Industry
- How do you include industry voices in the classroom and provide students with meaningful exposure to business professionals and workplace expectations?
- Share anything from individual assignments to semester-long consulting and/or learning projects that showcase how you integrate experiential learning into your curriculum.
Submissions close Thursday, November 9, 2023. Proposals will be reviewed on a rolling basis and approval notices will be sent to the submitter, any co-presenters and any co-authors on a rolling basis.
Visit the conference page for Submission Guidelines and additional details at https://www.businesscommunication.org/p/cm/ld/fid=1672.
Marisa Michaels, Cat Hills, Mikel Chertudi, John Delaney, University of Arizona