Submissions for the 84th Annual International Conference October 23-26, 2019 in Detroit, Michigan USA, are open! Join us in experiencing the renaissance of this community as we celebrate our theme, "Innovations with Business Communication: Companies, Communities, and Classrooms."
Read and carefully follow the submission Guidelines with submission parameters and review criteria. Find the detailed submission guidelines, a sample submission form, and the submission link on the conference page at: https://www.businesscommunication.org/page/2019-annual.
Submission due dates are:
- Mentored proposals: March 1, 2019
- Blind peer reviewed proposals: March 1, 2019
- Workshop proposals: March 1, 2019
- Individual, group and all other proposals: April 26, 2019
Submissions close April 26, 2019. No late submissions.
“Regular Presentations” will be grouped with other presenters. Panel presentations may be grouped with other presentations. Sessions are 75 minutes with times allocated as follows:
- A regular presentation will have 15 minutes to present, regardless of the number of presenters.
- A panel (3 or more speakers) will have 45 minutes to present. Should the panel fall below 3 speakers, the presentation time will be cut to 30 minutes.
ABC REQUESTS ONLY ONE REGULAR OR PANEL SUBMISSION naming you as presenter or co-presenter. You may also submit to a poster session, a Diversity & Inclusion or Research roundtable, or “My Favorite Assignment.” This request applies to any proposal being considered under your name, regardless of whether you are the submitter or part of the presentation group. You may, however, be listed as a co-author on a number of presentations; co-authors share the intellectual property associated with the presentation.
Criteria for approval. The presentation
- Demonstrates impact by furthering the knowledge and/or contributing to the best practices of business communication.
- Is concise--between 500 and 750 words--and defines theme, purpose, goals, methodology, and takeaways/outcomes (required sections).
- Includes a clear summary that describes presentation to attract attendees in 60 words or less and written in third person with Title Case. These will be published in the program.
- Is clear and correct (you may want someone to proofread or you may want to consider using an app such as Grammarly).
Once a submission is approved, the submitter will be asked to “accept” the invitation to present within two weeks. Accepting the invitation to present is a critical step of building the overall program.
We look forward to sharing ideas and stories about new pedagogies and scholarly approaches to practice in business communication.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any questions.
Clive Muir, Stephen F. Austin State University
Dirk Remley, Kent State University
ABC Detroit Conference Co-Chairs