- Maintain on-going forum discussions about topics related to rhetoric issues.
- Meet in person at the annual ABC conference. Committee chair should "submit" request to schedule the committee meeting at annual conference via the conference submission system (when prompted to submit committee meetings).
- Encourage members to develop ABC presentations and journal articles related to rhetoric.
- Provide information to those interested in rhetoric.
- Advance the standing of rhetoric faculty and the field of business communication in general.
- Provide educational training and professional development opportunities for rhetoric faculty.
- Develop policies and positions on communication issues relevant to business schools.
- Establish relationships between business professionals and academics.
- Help ABC achieve its strategic plan objectives (please review and make suggestions).
- Recommend new charges for the following year.
- Request committee members additions/drops by first logging into ABC and then completing the quick Committee Update Request form at: http://tinyurl.com/CommitteeUpdateRequest.
- Post annual report on your community page shared files within 30 days after the Annual International Conference. Email copy to First VIce President.
The Community Page for this committee is for members and links to the committee's forum and file library.
Special Interest Group Members 2021
Dale Cyphert, Chair
Matthew R. Sharp