The Nominating Committee consists of the three most recent Past Presidents, the chair of the Publications Board, an at-large Board member or the most recent winner of the Spirit of ABC Award, and the Executive Director. The Immediate Past President chairs the committee.
1. Nominates members for the Publications Board, as needed.
2. Solicits and evaluates recommendations for the following ABC awards:
- Fellow of the Association
- Distinguished Member
- Honorary Member
- Award of Merit in Memory of Francis W. Weeks
- Spirit of ABC Award in Memory of Bernadine P. Branchaw
- Rising Star Award (beginning 2020)
3. Submits the list of awardees to the Board of Directors at least 60-90 days before the annual conference so that award winners can be informed at least 45 days in advance.
4. Works with the Headquarters Office to ensure awardees' information is gathered for plaques and PR, and that award winners (and losers) are notified at least 45 days in advance of the conference. Committee should advise Headquarters of awardee details via Award Recipient Information form (log in first).
5. Reviews Board members' terms of office and prepares a list of open positions for the following year (Second Vice President, Regional Vice Presidents, and Directors at Large).
6. Solicits nominations to fill elected offices from current Board members, committee chairs, and past presidents.
7. Reviews nominations and narrows the field of nominees for elected offices to two candidates per position.
8. Confirms nominees' willingness to run and clearly identifies the timing of the ABC Board's approval of the slate, the membership vote (the following year) and specific term of office (starting and ending dates).
9. Collects two-page vitas, 250-word bios, and photos from each nominee on the slate.
10. Prepares the slate of nominees for elected positions for the Board's review and approval at the annual Board meeting.
11. Communicates the officer election information to the National Headquarters after the Board approves the slate.
12. Request committee members additions by first logging into ABC and then completing the quick Committee Update Request form at: http://tinyurl.com/CommitteeUpdateRequest.
The Community Page for this committee is for committee members and links to the committee's forum and file library.
Committee Members 2020
|James M. Dubinsky, Ex Officio|
|Marcel Robles, chair||12/31/2022|
|Lisa Gueldenzoph Snyder||12/31/2021|
|Marsha Bayless, Spirit of ABC||12/31/2021|