|Position Title||Communication Instructor|
|Institution||University of Rochester Simon Business School|
|Position Start Date||July 1, 2018|
|Job Description||The Simon Business School is seeking full-time faculty to teach in its skills-based communication curriculum for MBA and MS Programs, effective July 1, 2018. A national leader in analytics-based business education, the Simon School is also committed to preparing its graduates for career success as excellent communicators, as public speakers, writer, collaborators, and leaders.
Simon Communication faculty work as a team, collaboratively designing the School’s core communication courses and working with colleagues in Simon’s functional fields to develop learning experiences that convert the results of data gathering, analysis and interpretation into persuasive presentations and reports in individual and team assignments. They provide direct coaching on the communication dimensions of Simon’s teams-based problem-solving business practicum, and design and facilitate applied learning experiences in interpersonal and leadership through hands-on simulations, guided reflection and development planning.
|Academic Qualifications||Minimum requirements include a Master’s degree in Communication or closely related field and 3 years teaching experience in business schools or corporate training environments. Preference will be given to Communication PhDs or PhD’s with ABD with graduate business education experience. Proficiency with international learners, particularly those for whom English is a second language, is necessary. TESOL Certification is highly desirable.|
|Experience Requirements||Minimum Requirements
• Demonstrated excellence in teaching public speaking and writing for individuals and teams
• Experience teaching visual display of quantitative analyses
• Experience in action-based learning for team and interpersonal skills development
• Team skills for working jointly with colleagues in cohort-based degree programs
• Organizational skills for managing scheduling, recording, feedback processes and teaching assistants in presentation skills training programs.
• Experience teaching second language learners
• Experience employing web-based instructional technologies
• Experience building collaborations with functional business faculty, business clients and guests
|Application Deadline||March 1, 2018|
|Application Process||Application Process
To be considered, applicants are required to apply online, Faculty Openings at Simon Business School. Additionally, an application packet (cover letter, curriculum vitae, and a list of references) must be submitted in electronic format via email to email@example.com.
|Mailing Address||Simon Business School
Rochester, NY 14627
|Contact Person||Kari Zollweg & Victoria Waldron|