Identifies issues and suggests solutions relating to the internationalization of ABC.
- Discuss and identify issues relating to the internationalization of ABC.
- Suggest opportunities for ABC to connect with business communication organizations in various countries or regions.
- Select specific issues for the attention of the ABC membership and organize appropriate sessions for ABC conferences during the year.
- Encourage local interest in attending regional conferences outside of the United States.
- Conduct research regarding how to assist members who seek international audiences to research.
- Develop and maintain online archive of ABC internationally-related activities and highlights of international members’ achievements and awards.
- Assist the IJBC editor and editorial board as needed.
- Submit a competitive panel, poster, or workshop on collaborative teaching and/or research across countries to the annual conference. Utilize the ABC website to promote this kind of collaboration.
- Recommend liaisons for each country to promote ABC. Additionally, continue to work with Chinese delegation to enhance international collaboration with ABC.
- Explore developing student organizations in different countries and universities.
- Recommend new charges for the following year.
- Request committee members additions/drops by first logging into ABC and then completing the quick Committee Update Request form at: http://tinyurl.com/CommitteeUpdateRequest.
- Post September 1 annual report on your community forum site and email copy to First VIce President.
The Community Page for this committee is for members and links to the committee's forum and file library.
Committee Members 2020
|Name||End of 3-Year Term (Renewable)|
|Hiromitsu Hayashida, Co-chair||12/31/2022|
|H. Leland Smith||12/31/2020|
|Katherine Wills, Co-chair||12/31/2022|
Bertha Du-Babcock - City University of Hong Kong
Maryann Wysor - George State University