Promotes opportunities for graduate students and explores possibilities for developing graduate-level business communication programs.
- Promote and administer the Margaret Baker Graham Research Grant.
- Promote and administer the Graduate Student Travel Grant.
- List Research Grant and Travel Grant winners in ABC newsletter and on the website.
- Encourage graduate students to join the Association and participate in its conferences. Assess how graduate students who attend the annual conference heard about the conference.
- Annually assess and report statistics on member status of previous Graduate Student Travel Grant recipients.
- Develop publishable research related to graduate programs and graduate studies in business communication.
- Encourage graduate students to submit manuscripts to ABC publications and cite authors from those publications in their research.
- Recommend new charges for the following year.
- Request committee members additions/drops by first logging into ABC and then completing the quick Committee Update Request form at: http://tinyurl.com/CommitteeUpdateRequest.
- Post September 1 annual report on your community shared files site and also post to Committee Chair shared files for First Vice President. Post interim report (near late February or other to-be-determined date) as directed.
The Community Page for this committee is for members and links to the committee's forum and file library.
Committee Members 2021
|Name||End of 3-Year Term (Renewable)|
|Stephen Carradini, Chair||12/31/2023|
Matthew Sharp, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, 2015-2017
Quinn Warnick, Virginia Tech, 2010-2014
Rebecca Pope-Ruark, Elon University