The purpose of the Distinguished Member Award is to acknowledge long-term service to the Association for Business Communication and to the discipline. The award identifies excellence in areas important to the teaching of communication as well as to advancing communication as a discipline. The award recipient will be recognized at the annual conference with a plaque. This award is sponsored by the Association.
Eligibility CriteriaThe candidate qualifies in six areas. The Nominating Committee finds evidence of superior accomplishment in three areas.
- Publications (one of which must be in the International Journal of Business Communication).
- Teaching innovations or awards.
- Leadership in academic or business organizations.
- Leadership and service to community.
- Leadership in the Association.
- Participation in professional associations, specifically attending Association regional and international meetings.
- Consulting and contributing to teaching and research.
- Training program development for business, industry, or government.
Any member of the Association may nominate a candidate for the Distinguished Member Award. The Nominating Committee evaluates candidates, selects the candidate, and submits the suggested recipient to the Board of Directors for approval.
Send your nominations to Jim Dubinsky, ABC Executive Director, email@example.com.
The award winner will be notified approximately 90 days before the annual conference.