Eligibility CriteriaThe candidate qualifies in six areas. The Nominating Committee finds evidence of superior accomplishment in three areas.
- Publications (one of which must be in the International Journal of Business Communication).
- Teaching innovations or awards.
- Leadership in academic or business organizations.
- Leadership and service to community.
- Leadership in the Association.
- Participation in professional associations, specifically attending Association regional and international meetings.
- Consulting and contributing to teaching and research.
- Training program development for business, industry, or government.
Any member of the Association may nominate a candidate for the Distinguished Member Award. The Nominating Committee evaluates candidates, selects the candidate, and submits the suggested recipient to the Board of Directors for approval.
Submit your nominations by July 1 by first logging in to ABC and then share your suggestion on this survey.