Business and Professional Communication Quarterly (BPCQ) Call for Editor
The Publications Board of the Association for Business Communication (ABC) is soliciting nominations for the Editor of Business and Professional Communication Quarterly (BPCQ). Self-nominations are welcome.
BPCQ, first published in 1969, is the only refereed journal devoted to research that advances the teaching of communication in the workplace. As an official publication of ABC, BPCQ publishes peer-reviewed, rigorous original research that advances knowledge about business and professional communication pedagogy and praxis in both academic and workplace settings. Articles in BPCQ present a variety of theoretical, applied, and practical approaches and perspectives, including technical and scientific communication, rhetoric, program design and assessment, the impact of technology, sustainability, global and multicultural issues, nonprofit communication, qualitative and quantitative research on classroom teaching, and case studies of best practices. BPCQ especially welcomes manuscripts that address the principles of SoTL (scholarship of teaching and learning). BPCQ is published by Sage Publishing. More details about the journal can be found online at http://journals.sagepub.com/home/bcq.
The Editor serves for a four-year term that can be renewed. In that first term, the Editor has responsibility for publishing volumes 85-88 (2022-2025). A complete list of Editor duties can be found on pages 83 and 84 of the ABC Operational Guidelines, which are available online at https://www.businesscommunication.org/page/bylaws.
To allow for a smooth transition, we ask the incoming editor to shadow and work with the current editor as soon as possible following the time of appointment. During that on-boarding process, the incoming editor will learn about the journal and its submission, review, and publication processes. In addition, we will ensure that the incoming editor has an opportunity to meet the key staff at SAGE Publishing who will work with the editor on publishing the journal. Finally, if at all possible, the incoming editor will travel to Tampa (at ABC’s expense) to meet the Board of Directors during the 2022 ABC Annual Conference (October 3-8, 2022). The incoming editor’s responsibilities will commence July 1, 2022.
The ideal candidate will:
- be an active member of ABC
- have made significant scholarly contributions in the business communication field
- have substantive experience as a reviewer and/or editor of scholarly work
- be knowledgeable about and have respect for the variety of disciplinary and methodological perspectives in business communication
- be able to work constructively with authors, reviewers, and the Publications Board
- be committed to advancing the reputation of BPCQ by publishing high-quality issues and promoting the journal to various stakeholders
Please submit a nomination package including:
- a letter of application
- a current CV
- 2 letters of support from published scholars familiar with the candidate's scholarly work, editing experience, and/or suitability for the task of journal editing
- a letter of support from the candidate's home institution. The letter of support should acknowledge your home institution’s understanding that the candidate may serve as editor if chosen and that it will not require ABC to pay compensation to the university in exchange for the candidate’s service should the candidate be chosen to serve as Editor.
Please send your nomination package no later than January 15, 2022, to Dr. Jason Snyder, Publications Board Chair (email@example.com). Review of packets will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.