BComm Certificate Ad Hoc Committee
This ad hoc committee was created August, 2019.
- Create a business plan so that ABC has a firm understanding of the certificate program, its staffing, and its self-funding model.
- Write a job description for the staff person who will develop the learning and assessment artifacts and administer the program.
- Determine the structure of the program (general agreement on core elements of curriculum – how many courses required, what kinds of electives, any kind of in-person requirement, etc.)
- Create learning outcomes/objectives.
- Communicate with AACSB and academia at large regarding the availability and value of the certificate.
- Recommend new charges for the following year.
- Request committee members additions/drops by first logging into ABC and then completing the quick Committee Update Request form at: http://tinyurl.com/CommitteeUpdateRequest.
- Post September 1 annual report on your community shared files site and also post to Committee Chair shared files for First Vice President.
- Post interim report (near late February or other to-be-determined date) as directed.
The following tasks would come later and would involve the faculty/staff who volunteer/are hired.
- Formulate a curriculum.
- Develop a framework for assessment.
- Think long-term about curriculum development, curriculum updates, and accountability measures for the quality of the program.
The Community Page for this committee is for members and links to the committee's forum and file library.
Committee Members 2020
|Jim Dubinsky, Ex Officio|
|William Christopher Brown||12/31/2022|
|Sana Clason, chair||12/31/2022|