BComm Certificate Ad Hoc Committee
This ad hoc committee is under development during Summer, 2019.
- Create a business plan so that ABC has a firm understanding of the certificate program, its staffing, and its self-funding model.
- Write a job description for the staff person who will develop the learning and assessment artifacts and administer the program.
- Determine the structure of the program (general agreement on core elements of curriculum – how many courses required, what kinds of electives, any kind of in-person requirement, etc.)
- Create learning outcomes/objectives.
- Communicate with AACSB and academia at large regarding the availability and value of the certificate.
- Recommend new charges for the following year.
- Post September 1 annual report on your community shared files site and also post to Committee Chair shared files for First Vice President.
- Post interim report (near late February or other to-be-determined date) as directed.
The following tasks would come later and would involve the faculty/staff who volunteer/are hired.
- Formulate a curriculum.
- Develop a framework for assessment.
- Think long-term about curriculum development, curriculum updates, and accountability measures for the quality of the program.
The Community Page for this committee is for members and links to the committee's forum and file library. Under Development
Committee Members 2019
|Jim Dubinsky, Ex Officio|
|Paula Lentz, Chair||12/31/2021|
|Marketing & Membership Committee Rep - Pending||12/31/2021|
|Research Committee Rep - Pending||12/31/2021|
|Retirement Ad Hoc Committee Rep - Pending||12/31/2021|
|Teaching Committee Rep - Pending||12/31/2021|
|Technology - Pending||12/31/2021|