Please send us your nominations for the ABC SWUS Marlin C. Young Outstanding Teacher Award for 2021. We will recognize the recipient at the Annual ABC SWUS Business Meeting in March, and he or she will receive a plaque along with a monetary award. We provide this award to recognize and encourage excellence in business communication teaching, and we need your nominations by Monday, February 1, 2021.
Because you are a member of ABC and reside in the Southwest U.S. region or were an attendee at our 2020 ABC-SWUS conference, you are eligible to nominate a worthy colleague for this award. You may not nominate yourself, and members of the Award Selection Committee may not nominate a recipient. For 2021, this committee consists of:
- ABC-SWUS 2019/20 President Carol Wright LOOK
- 2019 Outstanding Researcher: Traci Austin
- 2018 Outstanding Researcher: Danika Schieber
- 2017 Outstanding Teacher: Judith Biss (deceased)
- 2016 Outstanding Researcher: Geraldine Hynes
- 2015 Outstanding Teacher: Margaret Kilcoyne
Please consider nominating a colleague who meets the following criteria:
- Must not have won the Outstanding Teacher Award in the past
- Must be a current member of ABC SWUS
- Must meet at least one of the following criteria:
1. Resided in or was employed in the ABC SWUS Region (Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas) for at least part of the 2020 calendar year
2. Had a formal role on the program at the 2020 annual conference of the ABC Southwest Region (held in conjunction with FBD)
3. Has made a significant contribution to business communication scholarship in the ABC-SWUS Region
To nominate an individual, please complete this nomination form and submit it by Monday, February 1, 2020.
- Nominee information, including full name, position/title, institution, phone number, email address, and a statement of up to 300 words stating why you think this individual should be selected as ABC SWUS Marlin C. Young Outstanding Teacher Award.
- Your information as nominator, including full name, position/title, institution, phone number, and email address.
The Award Selection Committee will contact the nominees to collect further information documenting eligibility. For information purposes only, their materials will be due by February 19.