Fall ABC Conference
We invite you to apply to serve as one of the conference co-chairs for the Fall ABC Conference in October 2024 (specific dates TBA). If you have a colleague or friend who is also an ABC member, you may apply as a team. Applications are due by March 3, 2023.
It will be expected that the 2024 conference co-chairs work with the 2023 co-chairs beginning this spring through this year’s conference. This will provide incoming co-chairs an opportunity to gain an understanding of the proposal submission and review process, creation of the schedule and program, related planning activities, and a “behind the scenes” look during the Denver conference. The 2024 co-chairs will each receive a $500 stipend for their efforts to shadow and learn from the 2023 conference co-chairs.
The role of the conference co-chair is a critical one for ABC. Responsibilities include:
- Shaping the conference theme and structure
- Creating a Call for Proposals
- Coordinating the proposals submitted and managing the review process
- Participating in a pre-conference site visit
- Coordinating the creation of the conference schedule
- Editing the program text
- Supervising the implementation of the onsite as well as virtual programming
- Responding to individual email inquiries and preparing general conference messages
- Creating ways to engage attendees in-person and virtually
- Completing a post-conference survey and evaluation
- Promoting the conference in collaboration with ABC staff members
For the Fall ABC Conference, October 2024, co-chairs receive the following:
- The immense appreciation of the entire ABC community!
- Travel and lodging costs for both the pre-conference visit and conference
- A stipend of $1,000 paid post-conference
Qualified candidates should be comfortable with learning and using conference management software and spreadsheets, have strong time management skills, the ability to meet deadlines, attention to detail, and available for weekly team meetings. Time demands will be steep at the submission deadline period (~April), and from late August through the October conference. Commitment is required the entire conference week.
If you have questions, please email Kathryn Rybka (ABC Interim Executive Director). We would be happy to arrange a phone or Zoom call. You may, of course, also contact previous and current conference co-chairs.