ABC Western U.S. Conference
Wednesday, March 6 through Friday, March 8, 2024
University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona
If you use a screen reader and need assistance with this page, please contact email@example.com
The Old Pueblo awaits. Join us in beautiful Tucson, Arizona for the 2024 ABC Western Region Conference. Connect with colleagues and friends as you learn from interactive discussions and presentations hosted at the University of Arizona’s Eller College of Management. The tracks for this year’s conference focus on elements of authenticity in business communication.
Schedule and Venue
Our two-day schedule will provide time for conferencing together in our on-campus venue with beautiful Sonoran Desert surroundings. We will kickoff our time together with a welcome dinner event at the Sands Club overlooking the city and feature award-winning Executive Chef Danny Perez’s innovative menu. Also included is a Thursday evening excursion to the renowned Tucson Botanical Gardens; we can explore the unique flora of our desert environment, experience an immersive butterfly exhibit, and have dinner among the botanicals catered by the Wyndham Grand Westward Look’s culinary team.
All schedules are subject to change.
Find a Schedule Summary (downloadable pdf)
The Graduate. March 2023 Eller College of Management ABC Western Region Conference Graduate Tucson Hotel Booking Link This on-campus hotel is a short 10-minute (mainly flat) walk to the conference site. If you wish to arrive early and/or extend your stay, please contact The Graduate Hotel’s Group Event Manger, Gabe Martinez, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 520.467.7731.
Getting to Tucson
Learn more about travel to Tucson and parking.
Check here for a packing list.
Learn more about why we love Tucson
Tracks were designed to highlight elements of authenticity in the business communication discipline. This includes but is not limited to exploring themes of ranging from professional identity and persona to delivering workplace realism through experiential learning and industry insights. We look forward to learning with and from one another as we gather in the Sonoran desert.
Authenticity in Action
- How are we preparing students to thrive as their authentic selves in the workplace?
- Critical thinking is often lost in the era of social media and AI. How do we encourage students to engage authentically with audiences?
- How are we teaching students to communicate big data and complex insights while maintaining relevance and storyline? Share your approaches to data-driven storytelling.
Innovative Instructional Methods
- Have you discovered or created new tools or approaches to teaching business communication? Tell us about or show us your latest instructional techniques.
Research/Research in Progress
- What has your research revealed? Share your recent findings or current research progress on the topics that excite you.
Voices from Industry
- How do you include industry voices in the classroom and provide students with meaningful exposure to business professionals and workplace expectations?
- Share anything from individual assignments to semester-long consulting and/or learning projects that showcase how you integrate experiential learning into your curriculum.
Early Bird Registration
(until November 30, 2023)
(Dec 1 - December 15, 2023)
(Dec 16 - February 16, 2024)
Registration includes opening reception, breaks, and excursion to Tucson Botanical Garden with dinner reception. Guest tickets** for excursion are: adult $65; child $42. (**Price subject to change.)
Call for Proposals
Proposals will be reviewed on a rolling basis and approval notices will be sent to the submitter, any co-presenters and any co-authors on a rolling basis.
Questions? Contact Conference Organizers at ABC2024Tucson@gmail.com
Marisa Michaels, Cat Hills, Mikel Chertudi, John Delaney, University of Arizona
ABC Western U.S. Regional Vice President Jolanta Aritz, University of Southern California