We are excited to announce the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay is the location of ABC’s 86th Annual International Conference this October in Tampa, Florida! What a gift to reconnect with friends and colleagues, both virtually and face-to-face.
The Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay was chosen because it offers a safe, welcoming, and inviting conference site. Single rooms are a terrific $159 (plus tax). With our contract, we’ve negotiated the elimination of resort, internet, and parking fees.
This highly-rated, resort-style venue, sits five minutes from the airport and offers an escape where we can all share with and learn from friends and colleagues. Enjoy strolling the boardwalk through the nature preserve, a dip in the swimming pools, and ping pong in the sand. Play tennis or basketball, find a hammock in the shade, or relax over a meal in its award-winning restaurant while the sun sets over Tampa Bay.
While this resort-style facility has more than enough attractions, you can grab a cab or social transit for off-site restaurants, services, and shopping in Tampa or St. Petersburg.
Here are some points to consider:
- From the airport, a taxi is about $25; social transit, such as Uber or Lyft is about $10 - $15. Learn more about accessible transit here.
- Right now, hotel staff wear masks. Guests are encouraged to wear masks. Hand sanitizing stations are readily available.
- Food service will be managed to keep attendees as safe as possible.
- Some events will take place outside so we can relax and enjoy even more of Tampa Bay.
- Extra time between sessions will allow for cleaning of meeting rooms between sessions.
- Seating in all presentation rooms will be physically distanced.
- The soon-to-be published schedule summary will reflect some new experiences, along with the familiar. Stay tuned!
At this time, keep in mind:
- Social transportation requires passengers to wear masks.
- Masks are required at all times in the airport and while flying.
- TSA requires laptops, tablets, and other electronic devices be removed from luggage, in addition to the usual removal of belts, shoes, etc.
- Hyatt's Global Care and Cleanliness Commitment
If you submitted, be sure your submission is edited to answer the questions regarding number of in-person and virtual presenters. This allows us to best plan conference activities and accommodate everyone in a safe and respectful manner.
Check the conference page for details. The lodging link will be published near mid-June. Registration opens in late June/early July. If you need registration assistance sooner, contact email@example.com.
We look forward to escaping with you to Tampa Bay!
Susan Schanne and Ryan Fuller
ABC Conference Co-chairs
Gail Cruise and Susan Schanne
GABC Conference Co-chairs