The Outstanding Researcher Award recognizes and encourages excellence in business communication research. The recipient is an ABC member whose research has made an outstanding contribution to the business communication discipline. The award recipient receives a plaque and a monetary award, contributed by Board-approved sponsor(s). The award is sponsored by McGraw-Hill Irwin.
Candidates for this award should demonstrate the following criteria:
- Overall contribution of the researcher’s cumulative publications in refereed journals and scholarly books.
- Significance of the research to the field.
- Overall quality of the research.
- Heuristic value of the research.
Nominations should consist of a letter describing the scholar’s research and showing how the research meets the award criteria and the nominee’s detailed curriculum vitae.
Please send nominations to Sky Marsen, Chair of the Research Committee by June 20, at email@example.com. The nominations are considered by the Research Committee members.
The following criteria must be met for eligibility for the Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award:
- Contributes significantly to scholarship, research, and/or pedagogy of business communication.
- Demonstrates originality of thought and careful investigation.
- Uses an accepted research technique for business communication research.
- Is successfully defended within the two years preceding the annual convention at which the award is presented. (For example, dissertations eligible for the 2018 award are those defended successfully in 2016, 2017, or up to June 15 of 2018.)
Nominations must include:
- A letter of nomination from a faculty member on the doctoral dissertation committee or from the degree granting institution showing how the publication meets the award criteria.
- An electronic copy of a synopsis of the doctoral dissertation (no more than 20 pages in length).
- The candidate's CV.
The Association for Business Communication Publication Board invites your nominations for one of the 2018 ABC Publication Awards. The nomination deadline is June 15.
Please review selection criteria and nomination procedures on the ABC website at: http://www.businesscommunication.org/page/publication-awards. Submit nominations that you believe meet the criteria for this year’s awards. The awards will be presented at the annual conference in Miami.
You can submit nominations for any of the following awards:
- Distinguished publication on business communication
- Outstanding article in the International Journal of Business Communication
- Outstanding article in Business and Professional Communication Quarterly
Submit nominations by June 15 to Jason Snyder, Publication Board Chair.