The Association for Business Communication (ABC) is seeking a Technology Coordinator to serve as the organization’s chief technology officer. This person ensures the smooth operation of both the website and ABC’s social media presence. This individual works closely with the Executive Committee, the Conference Planning Committee, the Marketing and Membership Committee, and the Technology Committee.to ensure ABC’s members have a capable, user-friendly experience when accessing the website and ABC’s social media sites.
The initial appointment is four years with the possibility of renewal. The position comes with a monthly stipend and some travel funding related to attending the annual conference.
While ABC’s headquarters is located at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia, this position does not require relocation.
To apply for this position, please submit the following
1. a current resume/CV
2. a short statement (approximately 250 words) outlining a vision for ABC’s online presence
3. three letters of reference emailed to Dr. Jim Dubinsky, ABC’s Executive Director .
Deadline: January 10, 2018. For additional information about the position, see the list of responsibilities below.
About ABC. The Association for Business Communication (ABC) is an international, interdisciplinary organization committed to advancing business communication research, education, and practice.
ABC does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who desire accommodation in the application process should contact Marilyn Buerkens (see Contact Us page for phone and email).
The Technology Coordinator, as ABC’s chief technology officer, serves as chair of the Technology Committee to recommend a vision and policy implementation for businesscommunication.org to the Executive Director and the Executive Committee. In that role, he/she
1. Manages the user/member experience of businesscommunication.org and the underlying Association Management Software (AMS) in cooperation with ABC HQ (Executive Director and Business Manager).
2. Manages the technologies and applications associated with the ABC website including coordination of the integration of the website (businesscommunication.org) and other applications or software.
3. Learns and become proficient in the current Association Management Software (AMS) to enable effective coordination with the Executive Director’s office, committee chairs, and conference chairs/co-chairs to facilitate ABC’s business operations and conferences.
4. Oversees all virtual sessions during the annual conference.
5. Serves as the primary contact for Audio/Visual support during the annual conference.
6. Researches and manages the implementation of software and applications to meet the Association’s strategic goals.
7. Assists the Executive Director and Business Manager in supervising any third party contracted to oversee the maintenance of systems and applications.
8. Assists the Executive Director and Business Manager in the management and control of the quality of businesscommunication.org with the goal of ensuring that its content is appropriate, accurate, and well edited.
9. Assists the Marketing and Membership Committee in the oversight and use of the Association’s social media platforms.
10. Provides creative leadership to ensure the online technologies in use enable the Association to advance its mission by serving its members.
11. Submits semi-annual status reports to the Executive Director and the Board regarding the Association’s current web and social media policy and procedures.
12. Works with the Executive Director’s office to provide effective transition when a new Technology Coordinator is selected.