ABC CFP for the 2019 MLA:
"Representing Business Communication in Literature across Genres
(Dedicated to Kitty O. Locker, 1948-2005)"
Conference: Modern Language Association Convention
Location: Chicago, IL
Dates: 03–06 January 2019
Full name of organization: Association for Business Communication
Contact email: email@example.com
Due date for abstracts: 07 March 2018
Call for papers/abstracts: This year's panel sponsored by the Association for Business Communication seeks proposals for papers on "Representing Business Communication in Literature across Genres." Topics in English and from literatures around the world include but are not limited to research on the following:
- Fiction that features business communication
- Business communication in Wall Street focused on fiction or non-fiction
- Business communication by high level corporate business communicators (i.e., Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Suze Orman, Chris Gardner, etc.)
- Satires of business communication
- Globalization and business communication in literature
- Neoliberalism and business communication in literature
- Literature as a pedagogical tool to illustrate business concepts
- Other theoretical discussions/critiques of business communication in literature
This session is dedicated to Dr. Kitty O. Locker (1948-2005), whose efforts to connect business communication and literature resulted in the ABC panel at the MLA convention.
Submission: Submit a 300-word abstract for a 15-20 minute presentation to William Christopher Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org by 07 March 2018. Selections will be made through blind review. All identifying information should be removed from submissions.
Required memberships: To participate in this panel, all participants must be members of both the Association for Business Communication and the Modern Language Association by 07 April 2018. Submit a 300-word abstract for a 15-20 minute presentation to William Christopher Brown at email@example.com by 07 March 2018.