The purpose of the Award of Merit in Memory of Francis W. Weeks is to acknowledge, foremost, contributions to the profession, and to recognized outstanding advancement in the discipline of business communication through a singular accomplishment of a series of accomplishments. The Board of Directors has authority to give honorary awards, as long as candidates meet the criteria of the award. The award recipient will be recognized at the annual conference with a plaque and a monetary award. This award is sponsored by the Association.
Candidates for this award should demonstrate the following criteria:
- Service and leadership in the profession.
- Meritorious single project or multiple projects: a) research (published and unpublished), b) publications (editing, supervising, and sponsoring), c) support organizations (student organizations, study groups, research funding, etc.).
- Professional development: a) directing symposiums, forums, workshops or conferences, b) liaison with other societies.
- Contributions by members and/or nonmembers to the communication discipline in specialty areas such as governmental agencies, charitable organizations, etc.
- Contributions by members and/or nonmembers to the communication discipline in other nations:
a. other national society leadership.
b. sponsorship of ABC in other nations.
c. sponsorship of legislative petitions and bills.
Any member of the Association may nominate a candidate for the Distinguished Member Award. The Nominating Committee evaluates nominations, selects the candidate, and submits the suggested recipient to the Board of Directors for approval.
Send your nominations by July 1 to
ABC Executive Director
Or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The award winner will be notified approximately 90 days before the annual conference.