The Outstanding Researcher Award recognizes and encourages excellence in business communication research. The recipient is an ABC member whose research has made an outstanding contribution to the business communication discipline. The award recipient receives a plaque and $1500 USD, contributed by Board-approved sponsor(s). By existing agreement, the Association permits the sponsor(s) to publicize the name of the awardee in advertising. The award is sponsored by McGraw-Hill Irwin.
The award will be presented at the ABC annual conference. The recipient will present a paper at the following year’s conference plenary session. As initial preparation, the recipient should submit their paper title and short program description during the annual conference proposal submission period. In the submission section asking for proposal, type “plenary”. The recipient is not required to enter additional details of speech on the proposal form.
- Overall contribution of the researcher’s cumulative publications in refereed journals and scholarly books
- Significance of the research to the field
- Overall quality of the research
- Heuristic value of the research
Nominations should consist of
- a letter describing the scholar’s research and showing how the research meets the award criteria and
- the nominee’s detailed curriculum vitae. Electronic submissions are preferred.
Send materials by June 6 to: