Assistant Professor - Business Communication
University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point
competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
Tenure track position within the School of Business & Economics teaching business communication principles and strategies for professional situations. Teaching duties are split between introductory courses in written and oral business communication and upper level courses in communication, preferably related to marketing, international business, and technical communication. Areas of emphasis include business writing principles; organizational, interpersonal, and intercultural communication; networking, interviewing and employment strategies; small group communication and meetings; negotiations; informative training presentations; and persuasive presentations.
Competitive candidates will demonstrate a commitment to developing students’ ability to understand, appreciate, and apply best practices in business communication. Experience using observational, oral, and/or written assessments to direct and enhance communication skill development is preferred, but not required. Although we are a teaching-oriented department, scholarly activity, professional growth, and university service are required.
- A.B.D. from an AACSB-accredited institution with Ph.D./D.B.A. completion within the first year acceptable. Ph.D. required for retention, promotion and tenure.
- Specialty in a business or communications-related field.
- Ph.D. from an AACSB-accredited institution.
- Teaching experience in business or technical communication/writing.
- Demonstrated ability to teach business writing or oral communication, and upper level courses in marketing communication, international business, and technical communication.
- Experience using current and emerging technologies and alternative delivery methods to enhance student learning.
- Professional experience in related areas and an active research agenda.
- Experience working with non-traditional student audiences.
Continuous recruitment with first review of completed applications starting January 6, 2017.
See http://www.uwsp.edu/hr/jobs/Pages/default.aspx for application instructions and additional information on our department.
UW - Stevens Point
School of Business and Economics
College of Professional Studies, Room 420
Stevens Point, WI 54481-3897