University of Rochester Simon Business School
July 1, 2017
The Simon Business School is seeking a highly qualified full-time instructor for the yearlong, competency-based communication curriculum in our full-time MBA and one-year Masters Programs effective July 1, 2017.
The Communications instructor will play key roles in baseline skills assessment for entering MBA and Masters students, participating in evaluation, feedback and development planning in five key communication competencies: public speaking, business writing, visualization of ideas and data, teamwork, and interpersonal communication.
Instructors will lead small-group workshops and provide one-on-one coaching in business writing and public speaking as needed, based on assessment, and will participate in evaluating and providing feedback on all communication course assignments throughout the academic year.
Instructors will also assist in the planning and delivery of co-curricular workshops and will help manage logistics in the experiential aspects of the communication curriculum: presentation recording session planning; team-based project and case competition support; and interpersonal and leadership communication simulation set-up and run.
Applicants must have a Masters degree in Communication, TSOL, English, Education, or a closely related field, and a minimum of two years experience in a professional setting in which training and development was the focus of the candidate’s job. Experience with international learners, particularly those for whom English is a second language, is required. Business experience is highly desirable.
• Excellent public speaking and writing skills
• Interpersonal skills, to interact with diverse personalities, senior faculty and business community clients and guests
• Demonstrated ability to manage classrooms, mentor students, and work collaboratively with faculty
• Organizational skills such as attention to detail, time management, perseverance, and ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to manage last-minute changes or unexpected problems that might occur in the classroom or at an event
• Experience with data visualization and communication of results of quantitative analyses
• Experience teaching English language learners
• Experience using instructional technologies, including on-line tutoring and virtual learning
March 1, 2017
To be considered, applicants are required to apply online at https://www.rochester.edu/working/hr/jobs/ and search for job ID# 199257 under “All Other Openings”. Additionally, an application packet (cover letter, curriculum vitae, and a list of references) must be submitted in electronic format via email to email@example.com.
Application deadline is March 1, 2017. Submissions after this date will not be considered.
The University of Rochester has a strong commitment to principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in higher education.
The University of Rochester is an equal opportunity employer
University of Rochester
Simon Business School
Rochester, NY 14627