Supervisor of Communications
Springfield City Schools
Salary starts at $63,414.00 and increases with additional education and experience.
Duties include but are not limited to: Manage the district's social media accounts, coordinate website content development and posting, and other digital communications. Working with Communications Director, Superintendent and others, manage media relations, including press releases, statements, interviews. Working with Communications Director, Superintendent, Cabinet and Principals to develop strategic communications goals and plans, and ensure those plans are implemented. Negotiate and manage contracts with ad agencies, printers, and other vendors to accomplish district communications goals. Act as a knowledgable resource about best practices in internal communications, family engagement, and community engagement. Manage routine district communications, including direct mail, reports, and community outreach for meetings and events. Capture high quality photographs and video for use in district communications Support district staff in their communications planning, training, and implementation. Represent the district and communications department at select district events, community events, and school events.
Successful candidate must possess:
- A Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience or proven interest in education, youth development, project or program management, or digital media or creative arts practice.
- High degree of competency with digital media, including social media, enewsletter platforms and websites;
- Experience with media relations, competence with budget development and management; supervisory experience; excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- High degree of competency with photography; video production experience a plus.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
3 years communications management and implementation
To be considered for a position with the Springfield City School District, you must complete and submit an application on our posting system of Applitrack. We no longer accept any application materials here in Human Resources. Go to our website, www.scsdoh.org and under the Quick Links on the left side, click on Employment Opportunities. This will direct you to Applitrack. Or you can follow the link below. You will need to start a new external application. Once that is set up, you will have the opportunity to upload your documents. You may apply for any open positions. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Thank you for your interest in the Springfield City School District.
1500 W. Jefferson St.
Springfield, OH 45506