Director, Communications (Finance)
Reporting to the Chief Performance Officer and Senior Director for Finance Operations, sets and guides the strategy for all divisional communications, website, and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate the Division of Finance's mission, vision, and strategic goals to key stakeholders, both internally and externally and in relation to the Emory University enterprise. Serves as a communications advisor to the Vice President's leadership team and has a joint reporting relationship to the Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President for Communications and Public Affairs.
• Develops strategic and informative communications and marketing content across multiple platforms (web, social, media, print, etc.) and in support of key strategic initiatives. Manages the development, distribution, and maintenance of the Finance newsletter, website, and other marketing and communications products & channels. Creates and coordinates annual division-wide customer service survey, produce reports and insights, and develops associated communications campaign.
• Provides direct support for strategic and change management efforts and planning including presentation development, employee training and recognition campaigns, strategic meeting / event planning, and meeting content development. Leads the generation of all design, copywriting, and online content to engage critical audience segments. Decides who, where, and when to disseminate.
• Serves as the communications director for the Division of Finance, coordinating all communications targeted to key audiences and stakeholders including the Division of Finance staff, chief budget officers in university units, university customers, rating agencies, banks, funding organizations, regulatory agencies, trustees, and vendors. Applies corporate best practices for ""investor relations"" in a not-for-profit setting.
• Coordinates with Finance Division leadership to manage, interpret, and effectively communicate highly confidential and complex Finance Division information to a wide variety of target audiences.
• Advises the Vice President for Finance & CPO as necessary on critical and trending communications needs supporting the financial health and well-being of the Emory University enterprise.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates a data driven annual communications plan, stakeholder strategy and goals for the Division of Finance that is aligned with the university's communications plan and priority divisional strategic initiatives
• Serves as key liaison and team member with colleagues in the Division of Communications and Public Affairs.
• Works closely with Emory Communications and Public Affairs marketing and communications team to develop and deploy signature projects and products (web site, informational materials, educational materials, strategic operations projects, social media, etc.).
• Provides contemporary internal communications thought leadership. Evolves and ensures consistency of Division web and hosted communications channels. Coordinates webpage and other communications/marketing channel maintenance and ensures that information is current and accurate and that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly.
• Works closely and coordinates with colleagues and customers in other areas that fall within the purview of the Office of Business and Administration including Investment Management, Human Resources, Library and Information Technology Services, Internal Audit, and Campus Services. Tracks and measures the level of engagement with key audiences on an ongoing basis. Performs related responsibilities as required.
A bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, public relations or a related field.
A master's degree in preferred.
Seven years of communications and marketing experience, ideally in a higher education setting with experience in a financial environment.
Previous experience in a leadership role within a complex organization, working extensively in areas including internal/external communications, social media, customer relationship management, change communications, collaboration tools, content development, newsletters, issues management, project management and crisis communications is desired. The ability to synthesize complex information, transform it into strategic messages and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels is critical. A highly collaborative work style with demonstrated experience developing and implementing communications and marketing strategies is preferred. Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills required.
1599 Clifton Road
Atlanta, GA 30322