Business Communication Lecturer
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The Business Communication Program in the Department of Marketing at California State University, Fullerton invites applications for the Lecturer position beginning in August 2017. CSUF values and is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse community. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate through their teaching, research or service that they can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our community.
The primary teaching area is Business Communication. In addition to teaching four courses per semester at the undergraduate and graduate levels, faculty members are expected to participate in one or more of the following support activities: committee service, curriculum development, academic advisement, assessment activities (including development of appropriate assessment measures).
These are non tenure-track Lecturer positions. Appointment is for one year and may be renewed for additional years, based on satisfactory performance and funds availability.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University Fullerton celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. EEO employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
An Ed.D. or Ph.D. in English or other related fields; ABD’s may apply but must show evidence that the degree will be completed by the date of appointment.
• Experience in teaching of Rhetoric and ESL;
• Experience in teaching Business Writing and use of classroom technology;
• Experience and/or publications in grade socialization and assessment;
• The ability to interact effectively with a wide and culturally diverse range of students and colleagues;
• Experience developing pedagogy that supports international and underdeveloped minority student success;
• A background check (including criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in development of online teaching methodologies.
February 1, 2017 or until the position is filled.
A complete online application must be submitted in order to receive consideration. To apply, please go to: https://apps.fullerton.edu/facultyrecruitment to view all job listings and select 9128BR to begin the application process and provide the following materials:
1. Cover letter clearly stating area(s) of expertise
2. Current curriculum vitae
3. Names and contact information of three references
4. Student evaluations
The finalists for the position will be contacted and required to submit original graduate transcripts, and three current letters of recommendation.
Business Communication Program
California State University, Fullerton
P.O. Box 6848
Fullerton, CA 92834-6848
Dr. Irene Lange