Endowed by the Family and Friends of Margaret Baker Graham
During her career in higher education, Dr. Marty Graham (Iowa State University) worked diligently to support the advancement of graduate students, particularly female, non-traditional students. Because of her dedication to these students and her understanding of the economic difficulties all graduate students face, her family and friends have endowed the Margaret (Marty) Baker Graham Research Grant. This award will assist doctoral students engaged in research within the discipline of business communication. Distributed through the C. R. Anderson Foundation, the $500 award will be presented at the Annual International Conference of the Association for Business Communication.
Any student engaged in collecting data and writing a dissertation in the business communication discipline will be eligible for this award. Preference will be given to those individuals who demonstrate a need for financial support during the late stages of their doctoral programs.
Applicants must be enrolled in a doctoral program pursuing a degree within a business communication related discipline.
Applications due by 5 pm, September 15
The committee encourages self nominations, nominations by supervising professors, and/or members of the Association for Business Communication. Students who wish to apply should submit an application to Matt Sharp, chair of the Graduate Studies Committee (email@example.com). Please send a copy to Dr. Jim Dubinsky, Executive Director, ABC at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the following documents:
- Letter of application indicating need for research funds
- Current vita
- Description of research project indicating progress achieved toward completion (limit to two pages, single--spaced)
The Graduate Studies Committee of the Association for Business Communication will review and rank applications. Their recommendation will then be submitted to the Board of the C. R. Anderson Foundation for approval and authorization of funds disbursement.
Marty Baker Graham Award Recipients:
- Sara Doan, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Ruby Nancy, East Carolina University
- 2016: Dina Piepoli Udomsak, Wilkes University
- 2015: Ashley Hall, Stephen F. Austin State University
- 2014: Danica Schieber, Iowa State University
- 2013: Tammy Rice-Bailey, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- 2012: Karin Goettsch, University of Minnesota
- 2011: Xiaoli Li, Clemson University