The ABC Award for Distinguished Publication on Business Communication is awarded annually to an outstanding book, a book chapter, or a journal article that meets the criteria described below. The winning author(s) will receive a plaque and a monetary award at the ABC Annual Conference in October or November of each year. The winning author(s) will also receive one year of free membership in ABC. The award is sponsored by ABC.
- Contribute significantly to scholarship research, and/or pedagogy, and demonstrate academic rigor, in business communication
- Demonstrate originality of thought and careful investigation
- Appropriately use methodology or novel theoretical insight
- Address a challenging topic, demonstrate novelty, or cover an interesting or inspirational idea
- Exhibit both theoretical and practical implications
- Be extremely well written, lucid, and engaging
Submit your nominations to the Publications Board Chair (contact information below). Please include complete publication information and a one-or-two paragraph rationale for the nomination in an email message. If you nominate a work that appears in the International Journal of Business Communication or Business and Professional Communication Quarterly, you do not need to send a copy with your nomination. For the "Distinguished Publication" award, please send a copy of the article or book chapter as an email attachment. If you nominate a book, please mail three hardcopies to the Publications Board Chair.
Nominations must be received by the ABC Publication Board chair by June 15.
Publication Board Chair: Jason Snyder
Central Connecticut State University
New Britain, CT
Authors are not eligible to receive this award two years in a row. If the review committee finds no book, chapter, article or essay worthy of the award in a given year, no award will be presented.