The Distinguished Member Award acknowledges long-term service to the Association for Business Communication and to the discipline. The award identifies excellence in areas important to the teaching of communication as well as to advancing communication as a discipline.
CriteriaThe candidate must qualify in six of the following areas. There needs to be evidence of superior accomplishment in three areas.
- Publications (one of which must be in the International Journal of Business Communication)
- Teaching innovations or awards
- Leadership in academic or business organizations
- Leadership and service to community
- Leadership in the Association
- Participation in professional associations, specifically attending Association regional and international meetings
- Consulting, contributing to teaching and research
- Training program development for business, industry, or government
Send your nominations to Jim Dubinsky, ABC Executive Director, email@example.com.