Approved by the ABC Board of Directors in October, 2014
The Ambassador Award is intended to help newer ABC members build their careers while also promoting ABC at non-ABC conferences. It provides an opportunity for our members to participate in conferences they might not otherwise attend and for the other conference attendees to learn about ABC.
Criteria (please address in your nomination letter)
The criteria for ABC members eligible for the Ambassador Award include
- Membership in ABC for approximately 5-8 years;
- Evidence of contributions to ABC through committee work or other service;
- Evidence that the person is considered an "up and coming" researcher/teacher;
- Selection of a conference that is relevant to ABC’s goals but one that the ABC member isn’t usually able to attend (e.g., Academy of Management, Corporate Communication International, Global Advances in Business Communication, College Composition and Communication, Society for Intercultural Education, Training, and Research.)
- Relevance of this non-ABC conference to ABC’s goals;
- Publications in an area of research relevant to the conference to be attended;
- Description of the ways in which the person would represent or promote ABC; this must include participation in the conference program (e.g., giving a paper, organizing a panel; conducting an information session).
The award winner is chosen by the Executive Committee based on self-nominations or nominations from any Board member or committee chair. The approval of the conference is at the discretion of the Executive Committee, subject to ABC's needs and potential benefits to ABC and the award recipient's demonstrated research interests. One Ambassador Award of $1,000-1,500 per year may be awarded.
The awardee must acknowledge ABC’s sponsorship during the conference and in any resulting publications.
Application Deadline: On-going. Please submit your proposal to Jim Dubinsky, ABC Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Winners of the Ambassador Award
- Kristen Lucas (2016), University of Louisville
- Rudi Palmieri (2015), University of Liverpool