The Rising Star Award recognizes the meaningful contributions to the mission and membership of our Association and to the field at large through excellent teaching, research, and/or practical applications (consulting, training, etc.). This award is intended for members who have been active in the Association for 10 years or fewer and who are currently in good standing.
The award recipient will be recognized at the Annual International Conference with a plaque and a monetary award. This award is sponsored by SAGE Publications.
- Active membership in ABC for no more than 10 years
- Evidence of significant contributions to the mission of ABC through service to the Association
- Evidence of excellence in teaching, research, and/or public practice
- Evidence of commitment to growing with ABC in the future
To be considered for this award, the following documents should be submitted as PDF files:
- Letter of nomination from senior ABC member (member for more than 10 years)
- Curriculum vitae
- Short narrative and portfolio highlighting evidence that the eligibility criteria have been met, including a 2-3 page narrative argument for why you deserve the award and no more than 8 supporting documents, such as syllabi, teaching evaluation summaries, bibliography of publications, etc.
Complete application packets are due to Matt Sharp, chair of the Graduate Studies Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org), by 11:59 p.m. EDT on September 15.
The members of the Nominating Committee will review each application and choose a winner based on the Eligibility Criteria. The recipient will be announced at the Presidential Awards dinner at the annual conference.
Rising Star Award Winners
- Abram Anders (2016), University of Minnesota Duluth
- (No winner - 2015)
- Jennifer Veltsos (2014), Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Rebecca Pope-Ruark (2013), Elon University