Dates: July 11-13, 2018 (pre-conference workshop July 10th).
The ethics of/in business and professional communication
The ABC Regional Conference aims to encourage scholars from a variety of disciplines to bring their different perspectives in a dialogue about issues related to ethics in business and professional communication.
Professionals - aware or unaware - face many questions regarding ethics in and of their everyday communication practices. From persuasive and manipulative techniques used with an aim to align readers with specific ways of understanding the world (Llopis, Breeze and Gotti, 2017) to endevours to communicate honestly, in a transparent, accurate and precise way (Raman and Singh, 2006), the acknowledgement of ethics is crucial in all areas of organisational life.
This conference addresses the issue of ethics - its expression as well as its legitimization - from a multidisciplinary approach, inviting proposals from the fields of discourse analysis, (applied) linguistics, communication studies, organizational scholarship, management studies, business communication training and coaching, and further, practice-related areas, like marketing, branding, customer service industry, financial studies and similar.
We invite scholars and practitioners to address questions regarding
- the production, and interpretation of texts and interactions from an ethical perspective,
- the use (or abuse) of communicative strategies and tactics in persuasion, manipulation or the endeavor of ethical communication, as well as
- broader questions related to discourses of legitimization in corporate, political or media contexts.
Some suggested topics include
- Persuasion/manipulation in business discourse
- The expression of professional ethics in corporate discourse
- Discursive practices of corporate identity
- Leadership and management communication, employee-branding, employee buy-in, motivation.
- Greenwashing and pinkwashing
- Crisis communication
- Discursive legitimization of corporate activity in politics and the media
- Customer-service interactions, complaints, apologies
- Ethics in healthcare settings
- The ethics in/of business communication training
We invite proposals for individual presentations (20 minutes) and panels. The main theme of the conference is English but we also invite papers in Spanish.
Further information and the submission website is coming soon
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF ABSTRACTS: 26th January 2018