The ABC Award for Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation on Business Communication encourages excellence in graduate education. The award honors an outstanding doctoral dissertation or thesis in the area of business communication.
The award recipient will be announced at the ABC annual international conference and will receive a plaque, a monetary award, and a one-year membership in the association. In addition, the recipient will be encouraged to submit an article based on the dissertation to one of the association’s journals: the Internatioal Journal of Business Communication or Business and Professional Communication Quarterly.
- Contributes significantly to scholarship, research, and/or pedagogy of business communication
- Demonstrates originality of thought and careful investigation
- Uses an accepted research technique for business communication research
- Was successfully defended within the two calendar years preceding the annual convention at which the award is presented. For example, dissertations eligible for the 2017 award are those defended successfully in 2015, 2016, or up to June 15 of 2017.
Please send the following:
- A nomination letter from one or more faculty members on the doctoral dissertation committee describing the dissertation and showing how it meets the award criteria
- The nominee’s detailed curriculum vitae
- A copy of the dissertation in PDF or Word format
Email these materials by June 6 to:
Sky Marsen, Research Committee Chair