Dear ABC Colleagues,
We are excited to announce the 82nd annual international conference October 18-21, 2017 at the Royal Marine Hotel, Dun Laoghaire, Dublin, Ireland. You’ll find the Call for Papers, a travel tips blog, and a slide show on the conference web page at: http://www.businesscommunication.org/page/2017-annual .
To share our theme: shaping and expanding the landscape of business communication, we offer individual or group sessions, poster sessions, research roundtables, and pre-conference workshops along with a limited number of sessions as Spanish and virtual presentations. Join us as we envisage the future on teaching and learning, research, and service in business communication.
We invite proposals addressing:
- Contemporary influences, key issues, and future challenges to business communication with a focus on convergence in the areas of identity, rhetoric, culture, nationhood, or politics
- New dynamics of stakeholder engagement in business communication
- Cutting-edge approaches, activities, and strategies that shape and expand the applications of contemporary business communication
- Emerging trends and advancements in the development of technology, visual communication, and business communication
- Research and theory on the effects of influences on contemporary business communication such as, but not limited to, identity, rhetoric, culture, nationhood, or politics
- Discussions on the imaginable - evolving definitions, best practices, and leading research in business communication today
Submissions Open: Tuesday, January 3, 2017
Mentored & Peer Review Proposal Due: Friday, March 3, 2017
Workshop Proposal Due: Friday, March 3, 2017
Final Proposals Due: Tuesday, April 25, 2017
Early planning can help source low rates! The Euro is at an all-time low: US Dollar 1.06 to 1.00 euro. Below are sample travel costs as of 11/2016.
Lodging: Royal Marine Hotel, Dun Laoghaire 134 single/144 double Euros/night (with full Irish breakfast)
From many points in Europe--under $100 (Ryan Air)
Hong Kong $704
Los Angeles, CA $599; Newark, NJ $517
From Dublin Airport to Dun Laoghaire: cab 25 Euros; coach bus 16 Euros
Steeped in history, our conference venue, the luxurious Royal Marine Hotel in Dun Laoghaire is one of the finest 4-star properties in the Dublin area. Alongside the picturesque Dublin Bay, the area offers some of the finest walks in Ireland, with a quick and easy 20-minute rail ride to Dublin center-city.
We look forward to your joining us at the Royal Marine Hotel in Dun Laoghaire, Ireland to enjoy the incredible Irish hospitality while experiencing Ireland in our pre- and post-conference excursions and learning from colleagues!
Conference Co-Chairs & Contacts:
Jean Bush-Bacelis,Eastern Michigan University
Gail Cruise, Isenberg School of Management, University of Massachusetts Amherst