The Association for Business Communication Publication Board invites your nominations for the 2016 ABC Outstanding Dissertation Award. The nomination deadline is June 1.
Please review selection criteria and nomination procedures on the ABC website at: http://www.businesscommunication.org/page/dissertation. Submit nominations for excellent work that you believe meets the criteria for this year’s award. The award will be presented at the annual conference Oct 19-22 in Albuquerque.
The ABC Award for Outstanding Dissertation on Business Communication encourages excellence in graduate education. The award honors an outstanding doctoral dissertation or thesis in the area of business communication.
The award recipient will be announced at the ABC annual international conference and will receive a plaque, a monetary award, and a one-year membership in the association. In addition, the recipient will be encouraged to submit an article based on the dissertation to one of the association’s journals: the Internatioal Journal of Business Communication or Business and Professional Communication Quarterly.
* Contributes significantly to scholarship, research, and/or pedagogy of business communication
* Demonstrates originality of thought and careful investigation
* Uses an accepted research technique for business communication research
*Was successfully defended within the two calendar years preceding the annual conference at which the award is presented. For example, dissertations eligible for the 2016 award are those defended successfully in 2014, 2015, or up to June 15 of 2016.
Please send the following:
* A nomination letter from one or more faculty members on the doctoral dissertation committee describing the dissertation and showing how it meets the award criteria
* The nominee’s detailed curriculum vitae
* A copy of the dissertation in PDF or Word format
Email these materials by June 1 to:
Catherine Nickerson, Chair of the Research Committee